Enjoying life...

Life on the road is getting better and better... I have been to some really great places recently and I am getting more accustomed to being on my own. I was recently in Frostburg, MD and sat at a coffee shop for three hours working on reports and just thinking. It was so relaxing to just sit, and think, and read; I really enjoyed my time there.
From there I went to Wisconsin-Oshkosh and fell in love with more amazing sisters! As a collegiate I did not quite understand how many people I could relate to all over the country. With this job, I have met women who are striving to live out the same ritual that I am everyday! I love it! The women at Oshkosh were so great... the weather was FREEZING and they took me shopping for warm clothes. One thing I learned while in Oshkosh: the celebration of "Sweetest Day." I think it's just like a Valentine's Day in the fall. Interesting...
My last stop was West Virginia University. My luggage was lost for the first time in Morgantown, and the airport there is tiny! The women took care of me and gave me sweats and what not to live in until my luggage arrived. The KA house at WVU is amazing... It was just built and they said it is now one of the largest KA houses in the country! It was beautiful! The women at WVU were so much like my chapter sisters at WCU and that was so refreshing... they were a blast to hang out and talk to. It would be crazy to put our two chapters together... WOW!
I am now at Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX; about 30 minutes north of Austin. It's so pretty here as well and today is just gorgeous! It's a nice break from the rainy/snowy season of the Northeast! Marisa and Courtney, two AXiD alums took me to dinner last night so it was nice for a break... and a cold margarita! I am getting so excited to head to Boston on Halloween to meet up with the other three consultants. We'll be together for four days starting the colonization process at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
All in all--- Each day I realize how blessed I am to have the job that I do. I cannot imagine doing anything else right now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home